Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Saturday

T is away this weekend for a conference. The first of two back to back weekends he's traveling. As he called it, the reverse of Chicago when he had to travel Monday to Thursday, he's away Thursday to Sunday. I kept pondering all week what I would do... go to the farmers' market, mall shopping, ikea, other shopping?... clean the house, cook up a storm..? But I wasn't enthusiastic about any of them in particular. I wanted to get a day pass and venture out, but couldn't decide where to go or what to do.

I finally realized that the one store I did want to go to, my favo(u)rite organization store uptown, was near the supermarket and places to eat. And I would save the $5.50 by needing two tokens instead of a day pass.

So this was my Saturday:
- brunch at a breakfast diner place. Eggs benny and home fries. yum.
- way too much time at the org. store trying to decide whether a new recycling bin was going to fit in our kitchen. And if I was getting it, hope everything else I buy fits inside it cause it's really hard to carry a 50L bin plus a file box plus push a shopping cart with a couple of gallons of juice home. Phew, thank goodness they did and the giant bag I brought sort of help to carry them back.
- more time at the grocery store just bumming around after getting 3 family size juices (on sale). Got convinced to buy some mandarin-type oranges by the guy stacking oranges. He was stacking navel oranges when I reached out to get one and he said: "oh you should try these better, they just came in" and cut one open and let me try them. He sold me on the sample.
- came back home to nap, but ended up reading my girly-rom-com book, which I've had for a while but only read when I have to eat by myself at a restaurant. I continued to read it today for brunch and I couldn't put it down this afternoon. No nap.
- made leftovers for dinner.
- watching girly rom-coms while cleaning and organizing out my desk.

And I still have tomorrow and next weekend to think about...

1 comment:

Mama said...

Wish I were there with you. I love to shop the org. Store too:)