New recipes: cocoa brownies from scratch and customizable blondies (as I call them, the white brownie). I found these recipes online, and have sort of giving up on all the sticky notes I have on my recipe books waiting to be tried but can never find a good time. I found this yummy recipe for blondies that are 4 basic ingredients and then suggestions of add-ons. I got hooked by the mashed bananas recommendation. I also added chocolate chips. Mmmmmm. Yum! Very buttery and rich, but I loved the crumby top, hint of banana (with occasional burst of banana bits) and crunchy chips. This one is a keeper. I switched from the recommended 8x8 to a 9x13 so I could have more for students and coworkers. I cut them up into nice 1.5 inch squares (I used a ruler!!!). Here they are nicely stacked together.
I also made regular cocoa brownies with walnuts. Oh boy, brownies from scratch seem simple, but takes a while (and you see so much butter!!!). These also turned out yummy. Crunchy, with a dense middle. Also cut into perfect squares.
Each student got 2 of each, packed in cling wrap with some twine (like a little candy wrapper). I forgot to take a picture :( It's all about presentation! Coworkers got one of each, so I could spread the yummy treats around.
No comments:
Post a Comment