Friday, December 09, 2011

Containment Area v.2.0

The first plastics sheet started getting annoying to enter/exit our place, especially with suitcases. And the engineer in me was flustered with the less-than-ideal setup. So it came down. It was so nice to have our foyer back. We thought about not putting another sheet back up, but then we read the notice (yay for notices! See last time's post) they were doing ceiling painting, we had to put it up! They put their own plastic sheeting on the outside, but I don't trust them and better safe than sorry.

Version 2.0 now has a middle point entry, created by two separate pieces of sheet that overlap in the middle. No tape at the bottom either. Version 1.0 had a side opening and taped bottom - hence very difficult with suitcases and shoe removing. V.2.0 also has a cardboard overhang (wish I could say flying buttress cause I like the word, but I don't think it's the right term) to create a "tent" and prevent the door corner from ripping the plastic. Yay for big cereal boxes!

They did the ceiling painting, cause the outside plastic is gone. Our plastic sheet seems a bit dusty, but it's hard to tell 'cause there is no dust on the floor part opening. I guess that means it's working?

No comments: