Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homemade wontons

Two weeks ago, I had the crazy idea to try and make wontons. I looked up recipes online and found one for pork & taro. I added a few recipes together, and made a filling of pork, shredded/mashed taro, and water chestnuts for crunch. The mix was odd, good, though I put in too many water chestnuts (when you have a whole can and only one thing you want to use them for, you tend overload - I ended up having to freeze the rest before they went to waste). Here's the photo log:




 (took a while to figure out how to shape them properly)



the final product!

1 comment:

Terry said...

What a coincidence, we made homemade wontons a while ago too!

mmm... wontons.

your recipe sounds fancy. we just used pork, garlic, ginger, and green onion I think. I was watching TV while T and her mom made the filling. I did wrap them though!