As if we didn't have enough to worry about and take care of with moving and traveling, today I got summoned to Jury Duty! ARGH! Quoting my sister: "hah, they got you fast". Yes, I know it is my duty now as a rightful citizen and I'd be happy to serve (mainly because I'm interested to see how the whole process happens). Though I guess it's good I get it now and not while we are away on vacation or have already left, and I'm able to take care of it while I'm still here. We'll just leave it to bad timing. After my moments of freak out, I called and told them I had two reasons I couldn't serve, one being I would be away on vacation and two I was moving out of the country for an extended period of time. They excused me, though gave no confirmation of this - I only found out after I called a second time to follow-up with another question, and I have to send them a letter saying I am moving so they can take me off their system. Not too bad, just added to the mountain of stuff to stress out about. Now I worry about the future and whether I can be called for duty again...
You would think there'd be more information on the web about jury duty and citizens living abroad...
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They actually will keep sending you summons so long you keep renewing your driver's license with an address in Chicago!
Post a Comment