For our wedding, I gave Tim a set of new suitcases, one small and one medium. We've used the medium, but the small one had been sitting in our bedroom this whole time. Today, in between running all kinds of crazy errands for our upcoming vacation and the big move, we decided "I wonder if we can return the suitcase and get a different one". Being one that saves receipts of sentimental gifts, we called the luggage store to ask whether we could come in and exchange it since we had the original receipt. The lady said yes but didn't give details when we asked her follow-up questions. We took our chance and lugged to the store via subway. The guy at the store wasn't much of a talker, he opened the box, took the suitcase out of the plastic wrapped, opened all the zippers to double check the inside pocket with the lock was still there, and asked "And you bought this 5-6 months ago?". We said "Um, yeah, about...", to which he replied "OK, as long as you get something of equal or greater value". I was worried at first because the new suitcase we were looking at was lower than the MSRP of the original suitcase but higher than the discounted price I got. However, the nice gentleman honored the 15% discount, which meant we got a good credit back that ended up paying for most of the cost of travel cubes I've been wanting for so long.
I guess sometimes it is possible to return something after 9 months. You just have to ask. Funny though, they have a sign by the cashier that says "Return Policy is 15 days with Original Receipt".
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment