I usually get my jeans at Gap or Old Navy and had never gotten a "nice", "going-out" jeans - not the skinny leg ones, but good fitting ones with a darker tint that make them "dressier". I got a 30% "Family and Friends weekend" coupon in my email for the Banana Republic/Gap/ON family of stores and thought this would be a perfect time to check the jeans at BR. We went this past Sunday at 5pm, and they were having a 30% off all denim. The coupon said it could not be combined with other offers but I thought 30% off either way was still good. After trying on 5+ pairs, I finally found 2 that I really liked and I couldn't decide which one to get. My indecision must have been obvious as I pondered around the register because the sales rep asked "Are you ready? Would you like a coupon?". I told him I had the F&F one and he said "Oh, great, I was going to give you that one.". At this point, I thought if he knew I was buying jeans and still offered the coupon, maybe they can be combined... That gave me the push to finally go pay and check what the final damage in $ would be. Sure enough, I got 30% off plus another 30%, plus another 10% on top of that for using my BR card! WOO HOO! I ended up getting 2 jeans for the full price of one. I had to pay an extra $10 to get one of them taken in at the seam, but definitely worth it :)
The funny part of the whole story was, we didn't leave the store until about 6:20pm. As we walked home, Tim thought "I should have tried on those pants - I could have gotten 30+30+10% off too!". We got home, but only to pick up another pair of pants Tim wanted to get altered, plus a $10 off coupon I get with my card (I had forgotten I had it). We went back to the store at 6:45pm, 15 minutes before closing. The pants didn't fit, but we still got a nice polo, which were also 30% off, with the super discount. We were probably there until 7:20pm?...
The only downside was no pants for Tim and I couldn't use the $10 off coupon on any of these purchases or the alterations. But that was a fun shopping trip. :)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No more shopping for a while:)
Post a Comment