Two weeks ago, I told my team I couldn't make plans to go to PR this month because I was waiting for a very important letter in the mail. I thought, if I didn't get the letter by the next Monday or Tuesday, then I was most likely out. I waited and waited anxiously, checking the mail like a crazy person, not because it was going to be my last business trip in a while, but because I dislike waiting and this was really important. By Wednesday, I figured "oh well" (though my manager kept asking me until the very end on Friday). I get home from work on Friday 6pm, check mail and nothing... I walk into the apartment, noticing that Tim got home before me, and laying on the couch is my letter! Of course, I was ecstatic, though at the same time, I thought "I can't believe I check mail all week, and the one day Tim checks it, the letter was there!!!". Haha.
So it was Friday 6pm and I got the notice that I didn't need to be in town this week, so I could potentially go to PR on Monday morning. I had to act quickly, 'cause our Amex travel people are around until 7pm. It's not that I don't enjoy coming down to warmer weather (and the air miles), it just takes up a lot of the little time I have to do things in Chicago. The title gives away the end of the story.
I'm hungry now and hope to convince my team to go eat ceviche.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Update: Unfortunately, I didn't get ceviche and the mofongo was not great.
Post a Comment