Wednesday, April 02, 2008

marching to the beat of my own drum

That's my "deep thought" for today. I feel it describes a lot.
.. why I love dancing, but can't keep a beat and am tone deaf.
.. why I can't follow simple aerobic moves/combo.
.. why I can't sit at a desk for very long and do regular 9-to-5 work.
.. why I clean at odd hours/days.

Doing the cardio tai box today, I found myself dancing to the music instead of trying to follow the steps. But I realized I might as well keep bouncing around or punching randomly than give up. Like that Friends episode where someone steals Monica's identity and she ends up joining tap class - "You in the back, you're not following" "At least I'm trying!" (I think that's how it goes)

I do like the music mixes they play at the gym.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see this blog post, I'm reminded of this scene from LOST, featuring Mama Cass' "Make Your Own Kind of Music".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MQJzc4gMls