Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mail not 'green' enough...

I read this article today about a man who got his package returned from the P.O. because he re-used a used priority mail box that was left in the trash. He turns the box inside out and retapes it - as the article says, "he was just recycling a box that was going to be thrown in the trash".

I have paid attention to the regulations and warnings of improper use for these 'free' boxes and envelopes provided by the P.O. I agree with them that if you are going to use them, you should pay for the service for which they were intended. They claim "they promote recycling, as long as customers pay accordingly, even if the box is turned inside out".

But this is dumb. If the box was trash and someone has already paid for its intended service, why not recycle and reuse?

I wonder how the P.O. knew it was one of their boxes, even when turned inside out?... Oh well, the man says he won't longer use the P.O. for his packages.

On the same thought, U-haul sells boxes that have "Use #1, Use #2.." up to 4. Just don't send these through UPS ground, we've had bad experiences and broken picture frames...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait. Are you implying that a government agency is shortsighted and wasteful? Nooo.