I ended up going to 3 classes last week, and skipped the ones I was going to go this weekend. Oh well. Nevertheless, I joined the gym! Yeah, I was suckered into it, with the promise of one month free plus another one if I went 7 times in the first 30 days, which basically pays for the enrollment fee. The true test will be how long I last. My goals are: lose 10-15 lbs before the big day, and be able to eat french fries, plantains (when I go to PR) and/or dessert without guilt.
One of the reasons I used to stay away from gyms was because I have no idea what I'm doing, with both machines and classes. "Am I using the machine the wrong way? working the right muscles?" "Kick, turn, punch.. kick, turn, what?.. Oops". I tried the cardio tai box class again, and while this instructor used less complicated combos, I was still unable to follow some of the basic kick/punch sequences. Even worse, I stayed around to follow the Step Challenge class - "around the world", "straddle", "mambo". When did it all get so complicated and do I have to buy a dictionary to follow the lingo? I couldn't follow by just watching, let alone how would I do when I actually try it!? Then I realized I'm not the only clueless person in the gym and there are many other first-timers or folks who are not afraid to show they have no idea what they are doing. It'll probably take me a while to learn and follow along, but as long as I'm sweating, my heart rate is up and my muscles are tight/sore, it should be good, right?
I have yet to try the pole dancing class...
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment