Monday, March 24, 2008

Homemade Pizza

If you ever find yourself with some leftover kahlua pork or carnitas, and some pineapples, you should make a pizza. We had this pizza/flatbread in Maui that was really good, we had it twice in the 8 days we were there! Trip to Whole Foods to get some fresh pizza dough, tomato sauce and mozarella cheese (I prefer this instead of goat). Add a bit of BBQ sauce to the tomato sauce (Thanks Carmen for the tip), and assemble. Yummy!

Tip: They don't have the fresh pizza dough readily available at Whole Foods (they do at TJ's), so you have to go to the pizza stand and ask for some dough - wheat or regular.

I had extra dough from last night, so tonight I made a chicken sausage + red peppers + onions + mushroom + mozarella pizza... MMmmm. Though I only ate half, I still feel like "oh well, there goes the calories I tried to burn off at the gym".

What to try next?...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh cool! I got the pizza bug from reading the Pizza Friday blog in the SFGATE. Making the dough from scratch took... forever. When I use up my frozen dough I'll try the WF dough.