Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hats

What is it with me and winter hats? This winter season, I've already managed to lose 3 hats. 3! Geesh. Add a pair of gloves, and I'm aching for spring/summer.

The first hat was a thick, emergency buy a few years ago, but it did its job nicely, even though it wasn't freezing yet. The second was my favo(u)rite from Roots, nice and long, warm and comfy (hats usually make me itchy). The third was a gift from a friend a few years back, which I thought I would never use 'cause it was too thick - but it was doing its job wonderfully here in Chicago.

Unbelievably, I lost the hats going to work - which is only a 3-block walk and one bus ride, no transfers, no trains. I'm from warmer climates, so my excuse is that I just don't do well with accessories. But somedays, I just don't know where my mind is...

Time to pull out whatever hat(s) I have left in my winter box.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm ok with hats, because I can usually stick them in my coat pocket. I have problems with umbrellas. I've lost more of those than I care to count.

Anonymous said...

I must say, JB, not only do you comment to most/all of my posts, regardsless of how long it's been since my last post, but you are timely. THANKS!!

Back to hats, I stick my hat in my coat pocket too, but I guess women's coat pockets are just smaller (I don't think I have a big head, do I?). As for umbrellas, I usually choose to get wet over carrying one, probably because I know I'd lose it.