Monday, March 24, 2008

Cardio Tai Box

For a while now I've been pondering whether joining a gym is worth the $$, especially since we have a gym downstairs. After having coffee-cup sleeves haunt me for weeks, I peaked myself into one this weekend. Fancy equipment, shiny bright exercise rooms. After taking the tour and hearing the shpeel, I got a free week pass. Not bad, this way I can decide whether I: a) like the classes they offer, b) can get myself to walk the 5 blocks to the gym every day or two.

I went back on Saturday, but since they didn't have classes, I just used the eliptical - smoother than the one at home, but no personal tv. Points to them, but not worth the full $$.

Today, I went for a Cardio Tai Box class "a high energy; high impact blend of kicks and punches set to upbeat music. This class is the perfect combination of martial arts, boxing and cardiovascular training." (not my bad grammar)

Results: Ouch! It kicked my b**t. I was down at the 30-minute mark! sad sad sad. In addition to being out of shape, I also have ZERO coordination or rhythm! First moves I can do, once you start getting into combinations, you've lost me. It made me remember why I don't like gym classes...

I'll take it as Day 1, and try again tomorrow (or Wednesday). I have until next Monday to decide whether to join or not, but I have already invested some money in cute workout clothes (and a locker lock). :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried joining a gym, thinking that investing the money would motivate me to work out more. Nope. I still never worked out, but now it cost me $40 a month to not work out. I'll be interested to see how it works out for you.

Anonymous said...

That's my fear... Still on my free pass. Today, my muscles got the b**t kicking.

Vanessa said...

Wow... makes me appreciate the free gym at work.