I went a day ahead so I could go scuba diving! I did two tank dives from a boat, one at a 'shipwreck' artificial reef and the other through lavatubes. I was a little nervous at first, since it's my first time diving after getting certified, and I was doing it by myself (there were others in the group, but nobody I knew). It was super cool! I got to see dolphins swimming near our boat (unfortunately not during diving), got to pet some octopi (I know, not environmentally friendly), saw two giant turtles and an eel. Pics to be posted later. The dolphins really do flip!

The only other cool pic I have from HI is the view from my room, Diamond Head, a volcanic crater people can hike up. It is used as a directional landmark, so instead of saying "it's on the east side", they say "go Diamond Head to..".

Keep reading up, there's more pics of my trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment