Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chams seem to gather in 3's

On my way back from Hawaii, I stopped in LA for the weekend. It helped reduce the long trip and jetlag, and hanging out with G,C & S is fun. Apparently, Carmen asked a couple of people "where could I take Lauri this weekend?", and while the majority said "I don't know", someone did manage to guess what I wanted to do! Ride transit! Hehehehehe. So, being the transportation dork that I am, we took an adventure through LA transportation (quick, who knew LA had a subway? anyone?). :) First up was a City bus (not Metro), with transfer to a Metro bus (articulated, and stylish looking). Carmen likes the buzzing noise the buses make when they accelerate.. hehehe.


After making a stop at James' office and lunch, we kept going, catching the same bus into downtown to transfer to the subway. We rode the Metro Purple from terminus to terminus!


At Union Station, we transferred once more to.. Light Rail! Gold Line all the way to Pasadena! Very pretty stations, clean vehicles, and as a bonus, we caught the express with limited stops! WOoo!


To add to our super transportation day, we were picked up at the station in a hybrid! What an environmentally friendly day!

So, now you know you can get from near-Culver City to Pasadena on transit! Just remember to get a Day Pass instead of paying each boarding.

Uh oh. I hit my bedtime. More pics of LA and scubaing will have to wait. Nite!

No comments: