Wednesday, January 03, 2007

(41) Tales from Home - Conclusion

I missed posting the past week, but I had a really good excuse! Get ready for lots of pictures :)

Fishy Fishy Fishy..
I'm a Scuba Diver! I took a crash course and got certified in Open Water Diving! It took ~4 days, first watching videos (narrated w/ a Spain-Spanish accent) and practicing in a tiny hotel pool (with Friday's customers watching), and then going out to the Caribbean sea for real scuba-ing. I didn't risk taking my camera on the boat out, so this is the only picture I have of trip - we went out to dive by the island on the left side of the picture.

We did 4 dives, 2 each day. The best part of the trip: when I threw up after the 2nd dive :) I was a bit tired from not a lot of sleep that night, the long car ride and a failed attempt to dive from shore (we tried, but the waves wouldn't let us dive or get out of the water!), and my stomach was not cooperating. But I think it was mainly the floating on surface with the big waves. It happened as soon as I surfaced from the 2nd dive, and at least it was outside the water. Imagine having to with the air regulator, I hear the fishes surround you if do it in the water. At least my partner got to practice hauling a tired diver. :)

New Year's
For New Year's Eve, we had a family party at home. Highlights: home-made sushi for appetizers, my mom's yummy stuffed chicken, and more Wii, including a Wii-accident. My brother got these protectors for the Wii-motes, since the kids would be playing. However, he didn't think about my grown-up cousin.

Even my dad got into the Wii-ness :) Following tradition, we welcomed the new year at the roof of our building (aka, the compound) watching fireworks throughout the city.


Random Wrap-up
MMMMmmm. Pork


The Pool Statues


And of course, Crepes & Waffles


And that was my vacation at home! :) Family time, good food, Wii, and scuba. Back to the grind now, with 2 days of early client meetings. Oops, way pass my bedtime.


Happy New Year!

No comments: