Tuesday, December 26, 2006

(40) Tales from Home 2

How else to highlight a trip home and the holidays than through food? :)

Christmas Food + Party
This year for Christmas eve, we had a "early" Christmas-eve dinner before heading out to my cousin's for the annual Siu Family dinner.

Highlights of dinner #1: frozen tuna sashimi, fried calamari, lettuce wraps, fish 'grape-style', eggplant casserole (my pick!), steamed egg, and tofu.



Highlights of dinner/party #2: Wii, Wii, and more Wii. As my brother said, "Tennis, Bowling and Golf, it's all the Siu sports".



Of course, there was the fun times with family and good food. We even had a party-crasher (see below, orange part is the wall, white is the roof).


Christmas day included more food at family's, but I didn't get any pics.

Food at home
Here's a small tribute to the yummy food here. $1.50 per avocados or $0.69/lbs for bananas - Not here! MMMmmm. avocado. Must get as much as possible while I'm here. Oh, and you can see I did make the banana bread :)


Ah! I finally figure out the HTML to make the pics arrange nicely. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: