Sunday, December 17, 2006

(38) Christmas is almost here!

Since I'm going home in 3 1/2 days, I got to open two presents early. :)

The first was a present from Carmen; she's the one who convinced me to open the presents early, since I could use them in Panama. She got me these two really cute t-shirts! One is below (the blue one), though I couldn't find the other design. This one is titled "Midnight Snack" :) Thanks, sis!


The other present was from my friends Amelia and James: pancake molds in the shape of transportation modes. Very appropriate, and very cool. I decided to try them today for breakfast. They are not as non-stick as it says, but maybe it's because I made blueberry pancakes. As you can see, the first one was a disaster, but I managed to get a full one out! I only tried the airplane, which has all these middle pieces for windows; I have yet to try the truck and the train. :) Thanks J&A!


Christmas nuisance: It's bad enough we have to hear Christmas music at shopping malls and stores after Halloween, but I really dislike two 'Christmas' songs playing this year. I don't know the titles, but they go something like: 1) "Sim-ply Ha-ving... wonderful Christmas time..", and 2) "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart.. the very next day, you gave it away". They have also decided that "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" was the old song of the year.. These songs actually make me anti-holidays!! What happened to Jingle Bells!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like your first pancake mold needs to call the National Transportation Safety Board and the FAA. Thanks to you and Tim for the Hot Chocolates. I agree with you about the weird anthropomorphic Christmas wreath on your card. Weird.

Anonymous said...

I just realized that my plate looks like a big radar screen, though that would be a big plane..

Uh oh. Did I spell wreath correctly in the card? At least you figured out what I was talking about :)

Anonymous said...

It's funny, I mentioned those Christmas songs to Amelia and she likes them both. I have to admit that I'm partial to "Last Christmas" by Wham!. Also apparently "Wonderful Christmas Time" is by Paul McCartney. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Tim likes that song as well. Thanks for doing the research, explains why "Wonderful Christmas Time" had a 'Beatles-ness' tune to it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! Cute tshirt! Is it a Threadless.com shirt? I'm hooked on that website :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria! Yes, it was a Threadless.com shirt! :)