My plan to write more frequent post has failed again.. Oh well. As usual, nothing exciting to post.
To answer questions posted, I believe the term for these books are "chick-lit". Basically, single girl stressing out about guys and/or work, trying to find some purpose in their life, and ending happily ever after. The first one I read caught my eye because it involved cooking; cooking as a way to get men (as the girl's mom suggested), hang out with friends (cooking club), but mainly as a sign of independence. The book even has recipes at the beginning of each chapter. The second book was called "Hand me down", about being the smallest of 3 sisters, and always being stuck with, of course, hand-me-downs and under the shadow of very successful sisters. Except it was mainly about her and her sister's ex, and just lots of drama. Moral of the story: we all have issues, from the eldest, to the middle, to the baby sister. :)
I haven't started a new book 'cause I have been busy with Christmas shopping and work. I still haven't finished shopping, and the next three days at work will be busy. I'm so happy to be going home in 4 days!
The office party was this past Thursday, same as last year just with a different theme. They have tons of different food catered, including sushi, peking duck, crab legs + shrimp, and lots of chocolate desserts (apparently, the budget was +$1M). However, I found it just OK. It's pretty crowded, and since there's thousands of people, you have to wait in line for drinks and mostly hang out with the same people you work with every day (otherwise, you lose them quickly and are left by yourself).
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment