Sunday, August 06, 2006

(26) Happy Fruits

Every month I check my spendings, see how much I spend on groceries, dining out, bills, etc. I realized I go to Whole Foods a lot. Though they are small purchases, like treating myself to steak for the weekend or needing milk, I probably go 2-3 times a week. Plus a weekly trip to Trader Joe's, where I get my avocados. A bit expensive, but it makes eating by myself in front of the TV just a bit brighter. The other fruit that I have been "splurging" on are cherries. They are usually $5-$6 a pound, which is quite expensive. This is why I'm happy to see them on sale, even though it is only $1-$2 off a pound and the bill ends up $5-$8 'cause each bag is 1-2 lbs (is that math right?). Anyway, not sure if they are a summer fruit, but they feel so refresing as a dessert.

Work went by fast this week, even though it was slow during the day, the week came and went. I guess since I had a busy month last month, it feels slow when it calms down. And with that, the weekend also came and went. I ventured out to this chinese restaurant to get my dim sum fix. I get cravings for dim sum every now and then, which is why I usually ask to go on my visits to Boston and NY. I found this restaurant a couple of blocks from my place, which is more of an americanized-chinese place, but the more-authentic place is a bit further. Needless to say, it was pretty empty and I was the only asian in the place, though they did serve dim sum off the cart on weekends. I got my three of my favorites: steamed meat balls, fried turnip cake, and char siu rice noodle crepe (you can tell what they are, I won't try the chinese pronunciation), and an order of egg tarts to go! I will totally give them credit for having the char siu crepes - not many places have them! And although it seemed like I paid a lot since you don't have 3-5 people to share the cost and say "how cheap!", I got leftovers of all for Sunday lunch.

Oh, and as a movie review: I went to the movies to see "Pirates of the Caribbean 2". Ok on the action, thumbs down on the plot! I didn't get what was really going on and the ending was blah.

My blog needs more pictures, so here are two cute ones from Orlando, Seaworld to be more specific. As you all might know, I love funny road signs, and the other was a t-shirt.


Good night blog readers!

No comments: