Sunday, May 07, 2006

(6) Hodgepodge

.. both of blogging and veggies. Haven't posted in a while (5 days seems like a while), but not much has been going on. Here are my reviews of food, movies and more.

Recently, I've been getting my veggies from TJ's Harvest Hodgepodge. Really good mix of frozen 8 vegs: brocolli, carrots, snap peas, water chesnuts, baby corn, onions, red peppers, and mushrooms. Pop them in the micro for 3 mins, no need for butter or salt/pepper. I went to TJ's on Thursday and decided to stock up since I've been eating them almost every day, so I grabbed 2 packs, along with some other frozen food (try the shepperd's pie: bland mashed potatoes, but minced beef instead of ground). I was sad to find out today that I accidently grabbed the wrong pack of veggies! Now I'm stuck with only one pack of yummy hodgepodge (can you tell I like that word?) and one of boring brocolli+cauliflower+carrots+greenbeans.

Movies watched this week(end). "The Family Stone", family feel-good movie, not bad. "I'm with Lucy", total chick-flick, right around my alley, with lots of known actors (some may wonder, how come she hadn't seen this before? hehe). "Raising Helen", not great, just a feel-good movie.

(ggrrr. I just lost half my post. I had been paranoid about losing my internet connection, that I had "save as draft" earlier. But I was on a roll writing, and then the a/c plug comes undown, and because I take the battery out following G's advice, my computer shut down... here I go again).

Sundays at 8pm, what am I going to do now? The West Wing is ending next week. *Sigh*. The last two episodes have been a bit slow, maybe 'cause I like the ones before those with Josh and Donna, but the finale should be really good. And Charmed is ending the week after that. Yes, I admit, it's one of my favorite shows and I have watched it since the very beginning, even catch the reruns on TNT when I can.
(-- Save as Draft--)

Such nice weather around here, sunny and warm, except it rained today (finally, they had been predicting it would rain last Thursday). I love this neighborhood. I went out walking to the Whole Foods area. It seemed like every young couple was out with their babies and/or their dogs. Which reminds me of a funny story last last week, on Ben & Jerry's free ice cream day, someone got two cones: one for her and one for her dog. She put the ice cream on the floor next to her chair so the dog could like it off. Aiya; I thought "if she gets one for her dog, I want another one!" Too bad the line was long. Anyway, back to this weekend. It was so nice out, I window-shopped most stores in that shopping center. Bought a dress at Ann Taylor loft that was 70% off, and treated myself to Jamba Juice and a juicy skirt steak for dinner that night.. Mmmm. Thanks Carmen for the cooking idea! It turned out really really good!

Long post again. But these are my ramblings for today. :) Off to bed for this working girl.

No comments: