I found this new Latin restaurant in my search for a good place to celebrate our anniversary. But since it was a bit of a walk from our place for a weekday dinner, we saved it for tonight. The chef is a top chef canada alum and the concept is "latin street food".
Yummy! It was hard to order given I'm not eating raw food and T is not eating fried food. But all of the food was really delicious and everything else looked good (we sat by the counter in front of the kitchen and saw all the plates prepared). They have a relative, but decent menu of 5 ceviches, small plates and 5-6 entrees.
On the menu for us: a small tasting of ahi tuna ceviche (with watermelon, radish, pickled ginger, ponzu and pears); chuzos (beef skewers with mini arepas and chimichurri sauce); beef empanadas; tonight's special of patacon with a beef patty, cheese, fried quail egg (on the side since I can't eat raw egg) and tangy mayo; and grilled pork with a piece of chicharron, rice and beans, patacon, fried egg (again, they put it on the side knowing I'm preggu) and guacamole.
We were too full to try the dessert of tres leches rice pudding with mango and brûlée bananas (we saw the sous chef making it; looked tasty!). They also had a small ice cream popsicle of watermelon+pineapple+condensed milk+salt (would have ordered this one if I could eat watermelon).
Must come back here when we can eat more stuff!!!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment