Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Before I forget...

I'm already starting to forget, but as is tradition, here's a blog post of our vacation in LA two weeks ago:

  • Flew by myself early Saturday morning. Flight was good, but the small (fast) breakfast at home, more airport breakfast when I boarded, a croissant and ramen noodle as snack I ate throughout the morning, plus the takeoff and landing, made my stomach uneasy. But how could I pass up lunch with CCC and JB at the much-talked-about umami burger. Burger, chicken sandwich, fries, onion rings, brussels sprouts AND donuts, oh my! Let's just say I got my first experience with heartburn (or at least what I think was heartburn)... A much needed nap was on the menu when we got to JJJJs. Afternoon and dinner hanging out at home
  • Met Eli for the first time!  She cried :(  But oh so cute!
  • Sunday, we hung out at the pool and had brunch at the Langham hotel (where JOES were celebrating their 20th anniversary!). Another restful afternoon and dinner hanging out at home. Peach pie... MMmmmmm... Stayed up until 4 a.m. reading a book.
  • Monday, the kids went to their first day of summer camp. Quick trip to Target. Lunch at home. Thai take-out dinner at JOES.
  • Tuesday, the kids had swim lessons in the morning at home. Afternoon at Lacy park.
  • Wednesday, we went shopping and had lunch in Pasadena. Don't remember what else; again, probably just hanging out and dinner at home.
  • Thursday (where did thet time go!?). We spent the morning at the Museum of Natural History and had burgers and fries for lunch before going to pick up at T at Union Station (He finally arrives from his trip to Greece!). A quick trip to Little Tokyo for some frozen yogurt (and boba!) and back home.

  • Determined to fight jetlag, T goes to play tennis really early in the morning. While the kids go to camp again, we go shopping and run errands. Lunch at Tender Greens (I wish there was a place like that around here... MMMmmm. Fried chicken). Visit some baby stores with T, CCC and Mom, and another trip to Trader Joe's (Oh, how I miss going there). Dinner at JOES (where T succumbs to jetlag and passes out on the couch before dinner... Hehehe).
  • Family lunch / baby shower on Saturday.  Thanks everyone!!! Great food, great company, lots of baby stuff! Afternoon in the pool and another great meal at home with everyone.

  • Sunday, we all went to Travel Town, then a fun family lunch at gastro pub nearby and a fun afternoon at the water park / fountain in Grant Park. Another quick, but productive shopping trip to Target, and we were back home to pack everything we collected!

Thanks everyone for a great vacation!

No comments: