Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Cookies

It's that time of the year again - baked goods for coworkers and students. This year: chocolate-hazelnut sugar cookie sandwiches!

Super simple recipe. Except I decided to make 3x the quantities, which resulted in a full mixer bowl spilling flour dust everywhere. Lesson learned. It also took sooooo long. Make dough, separate into big balls and refrigerate, then roll, cut and refrigerate again in baking sheet. Once firm, throw in oven for 12 minutes. So I had three different cookie sheets in rotation.

I did love applying the awesome, useful trick of buying wooden dowels of the right thickness to roll the dough. And love my new stainless steel cookie/biscuit cutter! Waaaayyyy expensive but fun to use! Bring on the roll cookies and dough recipes!

Another lesson learned. Chocolate spread in piping bag = real gooey mess. I'm sure using a simple spatula or spoon would have been equally messy, but easier to clean.

After about 6 hours, I had 198 single sugar cookies = 93 sandwich cookies = 31 packages of three for one person. I put 3 cookies inside a paper muffin cup, wrapped it in saran wrap and tied it with string. Printed and stuck Happy Holidays! labels (I bought a package of 800 return address labels, made 80 with actual address. This is another good use for then).

Yay! Seem to be a bug success at office! :)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Holy smokes dude. That's a lot of cookies. Good luck with the "bug" at the office. =P