Tuesday, December 11, 2012

All nighter

Hadn't pulled an all-nighter in a while (last one I think was when I
finished my thesis?... Can't remember). But alas, a big proposal was
due last Thursday, and it got done with three of us working through
the night. It wasn't as stressful as proposals usually are, and since
there were three people it was actually kind of fun. Our boss even
bought is dinner. By 3am, we all figured there was no point in going
home, and were able to finish by 5:30 or so. Not bad, considering we
are always scrambling at the last minute. We had to wait for later in
the AM to compile and bind, so we went on a mission to find congee or
dim sum online. Upset to find out no chinese place opens before 8am in
chinatown! (I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure someplace would
be open to cater to chinese grandpas and grandmas who wake up really
early... although a friend pointed out "they go for tai chi first,
then eat breakfast". hehe.). We ended up at a 24-hour vietnamese
restaurant - mmmm. grilled pork chop and rice at 7:30 am. :)

After we got back, we had a few hiccups with last minute changes and
having to manually insert the spiral binding (not great when you only
have 1.5 hours to finish and get it delivered). But, it got delivered
with 32 minutes to spare! A bit of time to power down and share
all-nighter war stories, and stupid me trying to catch up on other
work, and I finally went home at noon. Quick shower before passing out
for a well-deserved nap. I didn't want to ruin the rest of my sleeping
schedule, so I forced myself to wake up at 5:30 and had a bowl of
instant ramen. Mmmm. Ramen.

I'm still thrown off with sleeping, even though I'm tired I can't shut
my brain until 2-3am these past few nights. I blame it on the
all-nighter, but I think I'm just being dumb and have to do a better
job of yelling at my brain to shut up, stop doing stupid stuff and go
sleep.

No comments: