Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goodbye my 20s!

Ok! I still have a few more minutes before my official birthdate time at 10:43 p.m. So I'm still technically in my 20s (I might have more time if you count that PTY is an hour back cause of daylight savings...).

I've been thinking all day about my last decade and how I celebrated my last milestone birthdays. My 25, I celebrated in NY with LKC and cousin JF. I remember steak, wine and chocolate - good NY times. The 20th I haven't the foggiest idea, it mustn't have been that important back then. I also don't remember much of my GT days, so I must have blocked out that whole time...

Which got me thinking about what has happened in my life the last decade. So, in Marley & Me style, I pay ode to my 20s!!! (in no particular order)

• Graduated from two post-secondary institutions
• Lived in 5 different cities. 7 different places if you count apartment moves.
• Became a citizen of somewhere other than where I was born...
• Became a resident of a place further north.
• Became a sister-in-law and an auntie.
• Got my first job. Moved to another country, got another job.
• Bought a house. Have debt.
• Travelled to three new continents.
• Had surgery for the first time.
• Crashed my car. Sold my first car.
• Met a guy. Didn't remember meeting him the first time but I married him a few years later.
• Assimilated into watching hockey and curling.
• Started a blog.

I'm sure there's lots more. I think, "wow, that's a pretty eventful decade...". But I'n sure the next 10 will be just as fun, love-filled, and awesome time.

To T and all my family: I love you!
And to my readers, thanks for keeping up with me. Here's to more adventures to come!!

1 comment:

Chams in PTY said...

We are so blesses for your coming into our lives 30 years ago! M & D