Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh chocolate...

For lent this year, among the things I've given up for te next 40 days is chocolate. I found myself snacking on chocolate treats a lot lately that I'd figure it would be a good thing to give up. With one exception... (yes I know, am I technically cheating by giving myself exceptions?...). The only thing I said I could eat are chocolate chip chewy granola bars (healthy, right?). The only reason being is that I bought a giant 48 pack of it recently from costco and I don't want them to sit in our pantry and go bad. I eat them rarely, maybe less than once a week on average. When I get hungry in the afternoons at work. Like right now.

While eating one today, I realized "oh shoot!!! I had chocolate cheerrios this morning and on Sunday!!! Does that count?!?". Oops. Do the cheerios get a pass too cause they are "healthy" breakfast? What do you think, dear reader?

Note, I don't think I'll penalize myself for the cheerios (if I don't allow them as an exception) and ban myself from eating them for a year like I did 2 years ago when I gave up timmy's (the canadian donut + coffee place) as a punishment for accidentally eating a donut when I had given up fried foods.

On that, I've again given up fried foods and timmy's (not for the donuts, but for the breakfast sandwiches I like and was eating too of).

No comments: