Monday, November 21, 2011

Vacation within a Vacation

A mini beach trip during T's mini vacation stay! We actually went in the ocean this time. A giant wave knocked us over and T lost his prescription sunglasses in the water!!! AGH! We tried looking for it and I almost had it but lost it in the strong waves coming in/out. I went to ask the hotel staff for goggles to swim and try to find them, at which they replied "with this tide, forget it... They are long gone!" Bu I was determined and had to try. As I swam around, gulping sea water, we heard a lovely couple reach out to us (they spoke no English or Spanish)... And lo and behold, they found the glasses!!! We were so happy! They were a few feet to the east of us, and they said they saw the glasses drifting up and down with the waves in the sand near them. YAY!! If the hotel wasn't all-inclusive, we would have offered to buy them a drink as a thank you.

When I went to return the goggles, I told the guy "we found them!". He was a big smug about it and said "yeah, I saw but see where the current was taking them away...". Aiya. No matter, we were happy to not have lost them!

No comments: