I did the movie thing last night. Today, I spent a little "me" time. I finally got new contacts (I can finally see!!).
Then, thanks to some inspiration from LKC, I was daring enough to approach a makeup counter at the department store and be willing to spend extra on good makeup. The only good stuff I've ever had was a gift from big bro a loooooong time ago; the rest was pharmacy stuff. Back to the story, I asked about their free consultation, which they said is free with a $50 commitment on products (which I was planning to spend given I was "going to start a good collection"). But they didn't have any appointments available today. Luckily, the lady at one of the counters (who knew they had two) was waiting for her appointment and was able to help me pick the right foundation and colo(u)r. After her client showed up, I went to the main counter and was checking out stuff where another lady said she could help me try out stuff (with the caveat that we'd be interrupted if customers showed up to ask/buy stuff). She tried on eye makeup and showed me some tips/tricks. I was lucky the store was not full and the lady ended up spending quite a bit time with me.
In the end, I bought the most I've ever spent on makeup ($$). Although a tiny bit feels like an 'upsell', they were super nice and the stuff is high quality. I only got some base and eye makeup, and most of the $$ was on good brushes, but I figure it's a good start. Here's to no more cakey/powdery face!
I hadn't eaten all day and didn't get to until 2pm. Next stop, the new food court at the mall. They recently remodeled and now have an 'upscale' food court with real plates, cutlery and glasses. Usual food court fare (fast food) with some nicer options as well. I opted for a small butter chicken poutine. Yes, it's weird when you are not in Canada (trust me, I was someone who thought poutine was just gross), but it was tasty.
Another stop at the bookstore, and then I planned for dinner. Since I was close to the restaurant, I got some takeout from our favorite Thai place for later. Add a single-serving bottle of wine and a movie, and we got ourselves the perfect end to my Girl Day Out!
1 comment:
Like it! Fun saturday!
Post a Comment