Before the movie, I debated many times whether to buy and read the book. This was during my VA years when I got into reading chick-books as my weekend hobby, especially for eating out on my own. Back in those long-distance relationship days, I hated going out to lunch/dinner by myself cause there was nothing to do or anyone to talk to while you waited. And so, spending hours at the nearby B&N and reading these books were my perfect solution. Before that, I would almost never read books besides Harry P. Back to the book, I never got to buying it and reading it cause I thought it was too mainstream - I tended to get books that were less known.
After liking the movie, I wanted to read the book and I thoight itwould be a good read over my lone weekend. So I bought a copy on Saturday at the used bookstore and started reading it on Sunday over brunch. And I finished it in 3 days! 3!!! That's the fastest I've ever read a book cover to cover! And that's only cause I had to sleep and go to work :). The movie was better, but I kept reading to see what happens, or if the ending was different cause parts of it were.
Don't think I'll be reading the sequel, though.
1 comment:
there's a sequel?!
Post a Comment