Sunday, September 04, 2011

Touring Toronto

M&D are in TO visiting us for the first time! Super exciting. Not much for the first few days, so far just exploring our neighbo(u)rhoods and good eats.

Yesterday, we went to the annual fair. It's only open once a year for only 3 weeks and we've been wanting to check it out since we moved 2 years ago. Usual fair stuff: rides, games, deep fried foods, more food, etc. It was fun, brings back good memories. We (really, just me. hehe) got into those fair games - you know, the silly ones where you try to win giant stuffed animals. I love these! I tried the "skee-type ones where you race against other players", "shoot the bullseye with a water gun and race to win", "roll a bowling ball"... and absolutely no win :( T tried a few times and to no avail... but before we were leaving, I wanted to try again! Yes, it's a silly monkey, but I wanted to win one!.. tried once, nothing. tried again, nothing. T tried, nothing. My Dad finally says "OK, I'm going to win it for you!"... AND HE DID!!! How awesome is that. That was the best part of the day, and now the monkey has a great story behind him :)

2 comments:

Jorge said...

Awww...!

Vanessa said...

HA HA, that's awesome! Go Uncle Winston!