First recipe: Lemon drizzle cake! It took me longer to make, since I had to measure everything and I must say, measuring stuff makes you do double-takes - "wow! that's a lot of butter!!!". Amazing! Very moist, fluffly and lemony. The latter was the most common review I got. This one is definitely a keeper recipe and I can't wait to bake more stuff!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
New cookbook, new toy
I got two new dessert cookbooks for my bday. Minor glitch - they are both in metric! I guess true baking should always be done by weight, but since I didn't have a scale I stuck to cups and table/teaspoons. Until now! What better excuse to get a new kitchen toy :)
First recipe: Lemon drizzle cake! It took me longer to make, since I had to measure everything and I must say, measuring stuff makes you do double-takes - "wow! that's a lot of butter!!!". Amazing! Very moist, fluffly and lemony. The latter was the most common review I got. This one is definitely a keeper recipe and I can't wait to bake more stuff!


First recipe: Lemon drizzle cake! It took me longer to make, since I had to measure everything and I must say, measuring stuff makes you do double-takes - "wow! that's a lot of butter!!!". Amazing! Very moist, fluffly and lemony. The latter was the most common review I got. This one is definitely a keeper recipe and I can't wait to bake more stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a cool looking weight scale. Mine is not as fancy, but I use it all the time...
Post a Comment