Today was one of those days... The last ones I had were because of the kitchen renovations. You would not believe how many little problems came up one after another. Even close to the end, when I was so happy the plumber installed our sink and dishwasher and we could finally cook, and I was happily riding home from buying tostadas chips to cook our first meal... *#@(%! I fall off my bike! No broken bones or major scratches, which is good, but SERIOUSLY!?!
Today, I woke up feeling down. Work got me down more. Passed up the opportunity to eat some yummy bbq pork, instead option for vermicelli noodles - which they messed up and gave me beef instead of pork. Lunch did not settle well in my stomach. Ugh. The *!$*@% moment came as my Mom rings me up in the middle of the afternoon. Not a great sign (I always worry when I get long-distance calls in the middle of the day. She tells me she's heard that the MX airline we bought our Christmas tickets from (which was another stress-filled story to search, ponder, and finally buy), was going bankrupt and she heard they cancelled flights. SERIOUSLY!?! PANIC BUTTON! Fast forward couple of minutes of heart-racing panic, they did indeed file for Chapter 11-equivalent, cancelled some flights though so far in the short-term, and are going to do the whole protection-of-assets/restructuring. But it can't be a good sign that they stopped selling tickets for 2 days (they went back to selling, but still cancelled some flights 'till the end of august), plus they are in the middle of negotiating their union agreements... UGH. We bought our tickets through AA, but it is not codeshared. T called them and they said nothing can be done right now, and we would hear from MX or them if anything happens. I am really hoping that bankruptcy is really just part of the airline business these days (many US carriers have done so in the past couple of years, this is what I keep telling myself), and if worse scenario, AA will help us out.
So, now, it's a waiting game for the next 4.5 months. Grrreeeaaatt... :(
Sidenote: When we finally bought our tickets, my brother says "wow, getting there on the 24 is cutting it close. no room for delays (i.e. weather, mexico city, etc.); but places like mexico it could get worse. or weather related in Canada"... and I thought, gee, way to jinx it.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
don't worry! it will all be ok.
......
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sssssssssss..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sorry to have alarmed you.... I should have thought better.
Going to make a habit to check on your blog more often.
Post a Comment