Not a lot of exciting things to post today. Maybe it's because it's Friday the 13th? I've been pondering about it all day... Yeah, one of those slow days. Here are the random things that came to mind:
- Getting excited about lima beans. Yup, I actually thought "OH, they have Gigantes on the menu!" (Gigantes: giant lima beans slow baked in tomato sauce with fresh herbs and garden vegetables) when checking out the menu of the Greek restaurant we're going tomorrow. We saw them a lot in Greece and I had them once (not bad for beans). There's lots of other yummy stuff on the menu that'll probably trump it as an appy.
- Impulse buy of the week (or year, probably): plush turtle from S***bucks. It's really cute, and the hubby loves turtles. "Hi, I'll get a grande pike and this turtle". I certainly had no idea you could get plushy toys along with your coffee mugs and instant coffee packets. Though I do feel a bit shameful 'cause I feel coffee shops should not be catering to kids, though they are really just catering more to coffee-loving parents and suckers like me.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like turtles because they're green
Add chorizo to the lima beans! But my favorite is with pig's feet.
Post a Comment