I love our trips out West. Probably because it always means that I'm on vacation, going to see family, and going somewhere more exciting that our little neck of the north-east woods.
I learned from our last trip to YVR that bringing food is never a bad thing. I armed ourselves with chips, trail mix, chocolate candy. Somehow, we left the plane with more food than we brought in... How you ask? Let me explain. On our first leg, we collected a can of Ginger Ale. I knew we could share one, but we asked for the second one just in case / to keep. Yeah, we're that cheap sometimes. Thanks to my lovely husband, we got to sit in the fancy part of the plane for the second leg, and got a late snack that included pita chips. MMMmmm, I love pita chips. But the other food was yummy, so we saved the chips for our next trip. We're not dragging a can of soda and bags of chips for 10 days, hehe, that's just crazy. :) We're saving them for our train trip down to San Diego!. Or we might just get hungry and eat them. Oh yeah, super exciting - we get to ride the Pacific Surfliner!
Long day of flying. Both our flights were delayed. No reason given. They both just pulled out of the gate, taxied over to some remote corner of the airport, and sat there idle. "Yeah... folks?... we haven't been giving a time... so we're just going to sit here.. for, um... I'd say about 20 minutes...".
What plans do we have for the next 10 days? Hanging out with the peeps and super cute nephews, I hope. Shopping. Shopping. Train ride down to San Diego (did I tell you how excited I am?!?). Zoo animals. Beach party. Korean BBQ. and T's best friend's wedding. WOO!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enjoy and have a great time!
Post a Comment