Saturday, December 05, 2009

Winter Woes

Not scientific by any means, one benchmark I use to mark the coming of cold and winter is when I can see my breath. And that was today. It's been in the single digits for a while, but it is getting really chilly. I think it's going negative soon - celsius that is, we're in Canada now. The puffy white coat is out. Next will be the long-johns.

I have probably already blogged about this, but every season I tend to lose things: hats, gloves, scarves. I'm just not good with accessories (same reason why I don't carry an umbrella). I am sad to report the first casualty of the season - my pink hat. Don't even know how or where I lost it, though it was somewhere along my way to/from Hamilton, ON the other day for a meeting. Oh well. Luckily, I found my collection of winter hats the other day and left them out on top of my dresser. Maybe my subconscious knew I would eventually need them.

It seems like it's snowing everywhere else but here in Toronto. Even Houston got snow! Not that I want it to come, trust me. (Though I am looking forward to my new winter boots)

No comments: