LA seems to be the place to come hang out when you are 'in between' jobs, so here I am!
I arrived last night and went to eat a new restaurant by one of the original Food Network stars - one of the two hot tamales. Exciting I got to meet a celebrity chef! The design of the restaurant was very cool :) orange is very in. The food was good (anything with pork belly, how can it not be). Though they get points off for taking so long to seat us.
Today, I made my way from LA to Pasadena - on transit! This is something that seems to shock a lot of people, but I find it kind of fun. I did shorten the trip a bit thanks to my sister dropping me off at the subway, but it still took an hour via subway + light rail. In the world of transit maps, it doesn't look that long of a ride and you think - "subway = rapid transit", but I guess LA is so spread out. It would have taken 10 minutes less, but because I wondered around Union Station admiring the waiting areas and Amtrak signs, I just missed the train. As a bonus though, I thought it cool there was a transit-rider counter in my train.
Time to eat a mom-cooked meal!
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MMMMM. Pork belly.
Post a Comment