Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I" report

This is the second MBTI in the last 6 months. The first was via Tim's company, who had a workshop at their company retreat about MBTI and significant others. This time, I took a training class offered by my own company. It was a development class that got written up on my assessment this year, but that's another story... While I didn't expect big changes, I was curious to know if the scales would turn out the same.

The first go around, I was a full 30-point 'I'. No surprise there. I even got called up to the front of the class as a textbook example of an I - at that time, the lady leading the class took 6 random people aside, me being one of them, and said "3 of you are Is, 3 of you are Es. For you Is, I want you to pretend and act how much your weekends are staying at home, relaxing, etc.", to which I answered "I don't think we have to pretend..."

This second time, when I got to class, the lady moderator said "I have some folks highlighted on my list and you are one of them. I will be calling you to help out with some examples/games up front. Just to let you know". Immediately I said, "Oh, I know where this is going...". Sure enough, I got asked to "Describe your ideal weekend". Although, this time, the results showed I was a 20-point 'I'.

As my funny last thought: We lost our team game by 3 points because my 'P' side came out and wanted to take more risks and have fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so you're getting paid to have someone tell you you're an introvert? Anyways, I input your blog into www.typealyzer.com and apparently your blog is ESTP. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these websites?!
"ESTP: action-oriented, pragmatic, resourceful and realistic individual who prefer to take the most efficient route. They enjoy making things happen now and typically find a way through difficult situations."

I highly doubt that. If I was making things happen, I wouldn't be checking and writing my blog at work...

J. B. Sorensen said...

No, you're not ESTP, your blog is ESTP. Your blog has figured out a way to make things happen. Like making you post comments when you should be at work.