I realized it's been almost 1.5 months since our holiday trip and I haven't blogged about here or the other blog (too many to keep up with). I don't have photoshop right now, so we'll have to do highlights first and then pictures.
This year, my family planned to spend Christmas and New Years in Maui, Hawaii. The trip started with a 2+ hour delay at O'Hare, first because the United baggage system broke, then because the pilot made the exec-decision not to leave without everyone's bag (didn't want to ruin anyone's vacation), but then a single bag was lost in the airport and TSA grounded all planes... The 10+ hour wasn't too bad; a bit boring but it was all worth it when we got to Maui!
We rented a whole house with 6 rooms (one for each couple) that was right by the beach. Our first afternoon was spent shopping at Costco and eating Kahlua pork pizza (yummy!).
T&L were only here for the week, while the rest of the family was going to stay through the New Year, so we wanted to cram in as much as we could the first days there.
Let's see if I still remember the activities in the right order:
- Beach with attempts at boogie boarding
- Drive and site-seeing through the north west part of the island: tall peaks, with zig-zagged roads, rock pools and blow-holes.
- Early morning whale watching trip (other kinds of blow-holes), beach and a bit of snorkeling.
- Drive and site-seeing trip to Hana with more zig-zagged roads, beautiful waterfalls, lava tubes
- Sailing to Molokini crater, with scuba-ing, snorkeling, and awesome turtles!
- SUPER early morning wake up to go driving up Haleakala peak and see the sunrise and then a 38-mile bike ride down! VERY COOL. One of the coolest adventures I've ever done.
- The last night T&L were there, we all went to the Lahaina Luau, with lots of roast pig, taro and piƱa coladas.
In between activities, down time (quality family time) was spent playing cards (big two, don't ask me to say it in chinese), Carcassonne (which was a big hit!), Nintendo DS, fishing by the beach, and enjoying yummy yummu food, both home-cooked and out.
I think that's it... I'll have to check all the pictures to make sure I didn't miss anything!.
Next post: T&L go to Vancouver!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like Maui was fun. What do yo think of taro? It's not my favorite. In Taiwan they have taro ice cream, which wasn't bad, but I don't really like taro by itself. I think one of the best parts about Hawaii is all the fresh pineapple.
Post a Comment