I'm sad to report the Jamba Juice at the Whole Foods has closed :( Just when I needed a cheer-me-up "aloha pinneaple with peaches instead of bananas", I find out they close; I don't know when it happened, since I haven't been around much and haven't done groceries in a while.
Last weekend, Tim and I took a very last minute trip to Toronto! We went to Waterloo, which is a small town about 1.5 hours away from Toronto. Tiny enough you need two cities to make it an area, but still not a metropolitan since it's less than 500,000. The snow was pretty and it wasn't that cold; it even managed to surprise me with its chinese supermarket and some latin/caribbean places.

Oh, check out this cute "smart" card we saw zoom by the highway - those things can really go!

We spent ~2.5 days in Toronto, doing the usual eating and sight-seeing:
Visit to the CN Tower, the tallest free-standing structure in the world (had to double check that, 'cause I think they had some other errors in their posters). There's a part where you can stand on glass and see down!

Eat yummy food, like "sushi pizza" - They make a rice patty, fry it katsu-style, and add the raw fish on top. Mmmm.

And of course, ride the subway and trolley, with the bonus of getting pics of funny Canadian signs.

3 comments:
I love the sign of the guy on fire, fleeing for the exit. Nice.
He's not on fire, he's just running really fast towards the exit.
Or maybe the fire is chasing him? Or maybe he's running so fast, the air friction is creating the illusion of fire?
Post a Comment