Monday, November 13, 2006

(34) Should be..

I should be unpacking. I should also be trying to kill the darn fly zipping around my apartment. However, I realized that there have been too many times lately where I said "I should update my blog". So here's to making up for that!

Siu Family Weekend

My Apo turned 90 this year. And after almost 2 months of planning (and 150+ emails), all of her grandkids and great-grandkids were able to get together in Panama and celebrate. It was a short trip home, only 5 days (2 in travel!), but it was great. It was fun to enjoy all the time there with her and with everyone. Activities began on Saturday. First packing 40+ people into 2 hotel rooms, everyone say hello, taking pictures and finishing up the scrapbook of pictures that was to be the gift for my grandma. Chaos! The funny part was the pilgrimage in the incredibly hot Panamanian sun to take pictures. I wonder what people around us thought. PS: black = not good in sun.


An afternoon rest (although I was too nervous to nap), and the celebration continued with dinner. I was nervous because I was the MC for the night! It was my way of participating but also to face my fear of public speaking (in Spanish!). Thanks to Jorge, I think it went well, jokes and all. =P The night continued with speeches and performances, birthday cake and good food, and lots of pictures!

The celebration continued! Sunday included dim sum, which I was too sleepy to attend, but I wonder how many times the carts had to come around, and then a trip to my uncle's house in the "mountains". There were kids playing with putt-putt, older kids playing in the kitchen, more kids playing ultimate, and more kids playing mah-jong. :) The objective of the day: learn how to make grandma's empanadas and ha-gaos. MMmmmm.


Boston

Ah, another weekend in Boston. I had planned this weekend back in August (Jetblue sale!), no surprises here. Weather was nice, but the cold is coming! Oh, and you can read my friend James' blog (Hi James!) about our outing to "Stranger Than Fiction". That was also my first comment at the end of the movie "They were using transit! How cool is that!".

Back to my "I should be unpacking"... I wonder where that fly went. I should find it before I go sleep..

No comments: