Monday, October 16, 2006

(32) What's new, you say?

Not much really. Same old stuff at work, enjoying the weekends. My car? Still scratched up; it runs, just no bumper and back door doesn't open. Still waiting on the final word, but it's looking good 'cause my insurance conclude their investigation, determined it was indeed the other person's fault and are going after their insurance for the money.

I spent a couple of days in 'exciting' Hartford, CT for work. No 14-hour days this time, but the trip was a bit exhausting.

But a nice Canadian weekend followed :) Went to my first hockey game! Also my first visit to the Verizon Center and first DC-sports viewing. The arena is in the middle of "chinatown" and has chinese letters outside. The game was fun, very rough plays, but even the fights make it interesting. However, seeing it live doesn't help much in not losing sight of the puck. We also celebrated Canadian thanksgiving; no turkey here, but I don't think this day was really about turkey and pilgrims. Besides, I come from a pork-loving family. Sorry, no pics to post :(

2 comments:

TK said...

What game did you watch? Capitals vs.?? Are you the typical American who needs a Fox puck that is highlighted on screen to see where the puck is? =P I mean, it is a black puck on white ice. =D

Did you go with Mr. Chan or on your own? Did Ovechkin score any? I'm a little biased because I believe hockey is the greatest sport in the world.

Canadian Thanksgiving is actually celebrating the very 1st thanksgiving in North America...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving#Origins_of_Thanksgiving

Quite interesting article actually.

Lauri said...

Capitals vs. Hurricanes.. no, I don't need a highlighted puck, it just goes too fast! and yes, Mr. Chan was there to explain the hat-trick :) Ah, and yes again, Ovechkin scored twice.

Canadian thanksgiving was just a reason to leave work early that day... :)