Wednesday, September 06, 2006

(30) US Open

Another weekend in pictures! This past weekend, I went to NY again for the US Open. Despite the heavy rain and hurricane approaching DC, the bus ride still took 5.5 hours (by still I mean it's like that every Friday night).


Unfortunately, the hurricane also brought bad weather to NY and rained out Saturday's games. Totally bummed we missed out on seeing the slambonis in action! Wonder why they clean in circles...

Loraine keeping warm from the rain.. =)


We got to leave our mark at the 2006 US Open! And got some free 'Continental Airlines' sharpies.

Almost 5 hours later, they finally officially cancelled the day sessions and allowed people to exchange their tickets. A bit of chaos and confusion, but free ponchos and people giving up easily made waiting in line not so bad. We were able to get tickets for Sunday. Some yummy Flor de Mayo and a couch awaited us.

Sunday was just beautiful; super sunny, few clouds in sight. And so thought everyone, so the subway, lines and grounds were packed with people! Fortunately, we were able to get in the 2nd biggest stadium to watch a couple of matches: David Nalbandian vs. Marat Safin. Loraine and I had lots of fun yelling "VAMOS DAVID!" "DALE DAVID!". Got some close up action of Lindsay Davenport, and the next match with Rafael Nadal (too bad he's out of the tournie now.. ).

After sitting under the sun for almost 6 hrs (don't worry, I made sure to wear sunblock), we walked a bit more around the grounds and see the matches in the smaller (very up close) courts. So much fun! I'm hyped about this year's US Open.. Don't know why, but it's the first thing I check when I get home. =)

1 comment:

TK said...

Tell Slapnuts (Your BF) that he definitely needs to find a new t-shirt. He's wearing the same one in two of the three photos he is in... =)