One of my favorite Jamba Juice flavors :)
Thanks to what I call the "Siu Fruit" gene, I've enjoyed peeling a total of 9 mangoes in the past 9 days. Even ate some mango crepes. Mmmm.
I'm glad to report my trip to CT was good. We did two 12-hour days on Monday and Tuesday (though 2 of those hours were my travel time from Boston to CT, but it still billable!), both until 10pm. On Monday, the drive from BOS to CT was pleasant, all highway, no traffic, minor detour getting lost, but I got at the hotel just in time for our meeting. Unfortunately, I thought I could get lunch right before the meeting, but not enough time and nothing around the hotel. So I snacked on granola and cashew nuts, hoping it would keep me 'till dinner. Little did I know that our day would last 'till 10pm! I had more cashews and granola in my bag, but I felt bad bringing them out with everyone around (though I really thought I was the only one thinking of food). Tuesday was more of the same: 8:15am meet at the lobby for a 9am meeting and there until 10pm (this time, thankfully, we broke for lunch). Ruth Chris' steak sounded really good, but room service in my pj's sounded better (first time I get to order room service!). Wednesday was a bit more relaxed, because we didn't have the client working with us right there. Overall, it was a good trip because I got to meet all these people I've worked with the past few months and I got to put a face to their email address.
The best part was being able to squeeze a trip to Boston. After a long work week, it was nice to just relax...
Next trip: Orlando! It'll be super hot! Tim has a conference down there at the end of the month, and we thought it would be fun to go somewhere different for our "commuter" trip.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment