Tuesday, May 02, 2006

(4) Untitled for now

My second day back at work: I had to spend a lot of my time Monday talking to people, setting up my new desk/office (I moved up a floor and to the other side of the building while I was gone, I had to leave everything packed a week in advance), and answering everybody's "how are you feeling?" questions. But the pace picked up today. I try to bring lunch to work when I can, make myself not spend too much money on going out to lunch every day. The downside of this is I always get hungry by 4-5pm. And today, I wasn't feeling very well with an upset stomach which I thought was just hunger. I hope it wasn't any bad lettuce..

Market: I am sad to report that the small grocery market downstairs has closed. I don't know when they closed 'cause I hadn't walked by there much, since I hadn't taken the metro for work in a while. But the lights were off and there was a hand-written sign on the outside that said "Out of Business". Most mornings when I walked to the metro entrance, I would see folks going in for a quick fruit or drink for breakfast or scratching the lottery tickets they just bought. When Dad came to visit back in October, he chatted with the asian cashier every morning he went to buy the newspaper. I thought the asian guy was a bit creepy at first because the first time I bought something there, he gave me a Lindt chocolate. But then I saw him doing that to other customers, probably as change instead of pennies, though mainly women, so I don't know.. I wonder what else they'll open up..

Another reason to renew my lease: One of the vertical blinds from my balcony windows broke and fell (others are also broken, but still in place). I put in a maintenance request, and they left me a note saying "Will order blinds". So I'm hoping they'll replace the whole thing, and not just that one that fell. Then I can really be comfortable with this place, new carpet and blinds! Too bad they didn't replace the oven when it sort-of broke.. Too bad that rent is still going up..

Darn, thought this would be a short post. As I always seem to have a reason to stop a post, today, it is upset stomach and strange pelvic pain. Don't worry everyone, I'm seeing a doctor on Thursday; people have suggested I get a 2nd opinion.

Buenas noches!

No comments: