Wednesday, May 24, 2006

(12) Top Chef

I got hooked (tried not to, but oh well) on watching this Bravo TV show. It's about cooking, how could it not be interesting to watch? Way too much drama, but I was happy to see the guy I was rooting for win (and that girl lose badly!). He's suppose to open a restaurant in NY this fall. I would have liked to be a judge on that show, get to taste all that food. :)

OH! On the food note, I signed myself up for two cooking classes! So excited, I tried for a while trying to find one of those multiple/series, but the timing didn't work out and had to settle for one-day classes. I didn't get the "Chicken Techniques" class (it was full) to learn more ways to cook chicken than my usual marinade of teriyaki or bbq. But I did get a slot on the "Meat Market" class! Beef! Pork! Chicken! Lamb! Oh my. The other one I got is called "Friday Night Fun and Food", where they teach a full course including dessert, so it should be exciting! They are not 'till June/July, so I'll be sure to recap that later on!

I haven't posted much in a while, guess things haven't really been that exciting. Work has been slow, found myself going to people to ask for things to do. There just haven't been many projects coming our way in my area... Oh well, I have lots of summer trips planned to keep me going: NY this weekend, Boston for graduation and Vancouver at the end of June!

As usual, movie recaps. I've reached my international part of the queue. 'Infernal Affairs' was good, I thought it would be a lot more violent, from what I remember in the previews. 'Twice upon a Yesterday', british movie, it was just ok, not my style of actors (maybe I'm too used to Hugh Grant and John Hannah). Still at hand is "God is Great, and I'm not" with Audrey Tautou.

No comments: