Monday, May 22, 2006

(11) Coming soon..

Haven't posted in a while.. I was suppose to squeeze a long update post this weekend, but I was a bit lazy. Guess not much exciting going around. I'll post sometime this week.

I think my blog lacks pictures, so here's a picture of the Mango Creme Brulée I made two weeks ago when Tim was here. Made it from scratch (heavy cream, egg yolks and all), and used the oven broiler to make the crispy top. The only thing is that I had to use regular sugar 'cause I didn't want to buy a whole bag of turbinado or raw sugar just for this, and I failed at my attemp to get a little packet of "Sugar In the Raw" (those little brown packets) from a restaurant or coffee shop. I think I burnt a bit the first two I made, but the next two the next day came out better.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Creme brulee is pretty fattening (egg yolks, sugar and heavy cream), but good. Maybe I'll experiment with leaner options.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/108126