I had a lot of fun driving up to Baltimore and seeing G (am I the only one who calls him G? I could go back to calling him what I've called him most of my life, but then it's too much of an effort not to call him that in front of other people.. hehe). It was only about 60 miles away, without traffic, so it was also a 'test' whether I could sit and drive for that long after the surgery. Eating crabs for lunch was probably not a good idea, though they were quite tasty.. The cinnamon mint (yuck) worked, but the 'washing-hands-10+-times' and purell didn't.
It was even fun (and nostalgic) listening to the PhD talk and selling books (yes, he put me work! hence the Dee tribute). I even put the pigtails and glasses during the book signing, but nobody said anything; next time I'll make sure to bring my green-sleeves shirt. The only bad part of the day was at the end, when we were forced to change hotel rooms because the people next door were smoking; the new room ended up being smaller and no wireless connection (gasp!).I spent yesterday and today just running errands and "fixing up" my apartment. The quotes are there because I somehow end up making a bigger mess, stuff that was on the floor end up somewhere else to be dealt with later.. I did however finally rearranged my apartment! It was one of those things I had in mind of doing for a long time, but kept thinking about it too much and not doing it. Carmen, the TV is now closer to the couch :) I decided to do it because I am also renewing my lease for this apartment. My rent is going up $150/month, which totally stinks, but I couldn't find anything cheaper. Besides, can't really beat having a new carpet, the metro downstairs and food/pharmacy/post office/office supplies so close.. Moving would just take too much work (have you seen the closet in my foyer??).
Thanks to blockbuster, I get to watch movies that are too dumb and/or not worth the $4.50 regular rental. So please, no comments. Movies watched this week/end: Miss Congeniality 2, Shall We Dance? (the US version, I have the Japanese one on queue), and View From the Top (w/ Gwyneth Paltrow). Actually funny; I don't get why they have Rob Lowe in the dvd cover and credits, he's in the movie for 10 seconds (I think they cut him out of scenes).
That's it for now! Maybe I should do short posts more often instead of long posts every now and then...
No comments:
Post a Comment