Yay! After pondering for months whether I should start a blog and what I would call it, I finally did it! I am now a blog dork. Why start a blog? Don't know really, I think it started one night I was driving home and I saw the green "alien" lights at the Pentagon, and didn't have anyone around to tell or comment about the possible "secrets" of this room. And after keeping myself entertained with other people's blog for the past couple of weeks, I figure I might as well start my own. So here it is! My first post. Location: a hotel room outside of Baltimore, hanging out with my brother while he does "real" work.
This is my last week of "recovery" before I have to go back to work after a 5-week absence; man, that'll be weird, not to mention a struggle to get out of bed early. Thank you everyone for being there during this whole thing, especially Mom and Tim for putting up with me during my confined-space stressed-out moments! I love you all. Quick recap: I spent the first two weeks in VA, not doing much but hanging out with Mom and Carmen, going to Target a lot and watching movies. Then I went to Boston for a week and a half, where I got strange looks from people who wondered why I was there and why for so long. Being back at S-P/MIT is an odd feeling, the whole "grad-student life". Do I miss it? Sometimes; just take away the research, thesis and cold-in-May part. This time even more nostalgic because there was a lot of dorm government stuff going on. Despite the stress and the fact that I consider it one of the reasons I didn't graduate in time (let's not forget there's You-Know-Who is to blame also), those were good times..
It was also fun to spend my birthday up there with ol' friends (thanks B for the cupcakes!). Phew, I can still say I'm in my early 20's and less than a 1/4 century old.
Ok, I think that's it for now. Hunger is knocking on the door.
PS: Thank you Jaime and George for the blog-name idea.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geek
Post a Comment